Monument to the Negev Brigade
Type: Physical memorial
Location: Be’er Sheva
Creator: Dani Karavan
Updated: 8/30/2013 2:09:44 PM
The Negev Brigade (aka. 12th Brigade, Hativat HaNagev in Hebrew) was an Israeli infantry brigade that served in the 1948 Arab-Israeli war. It consisted of four Palmach battalions. The Negev Brigade participated in many operations in the Negev Desert, including Operation Yoav in the latter part of the war.
Outside Be’er Sheva stands Dani Karavan’s sculpture "Monument to the Negev Brigade".
POSTED BY JON BRUNBERG ON 8/10/2009blog comments powered by Disqus